Place:


Corpusty  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corpusty like this:

CORPUSTY, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; on the river Bure, 5½ miles NW of Aylsham, and 11 ENE of Elmham r. station. Post town, Heydon, under Norwich. Acres, 1, 018. Real property, £1, 509. Pop., 425. Houses, 107. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £62. Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church has a square tower, and is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Corpusty through time

Corpusty is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Corpusty itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corpusty in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2316

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Corpusty ".