Place:


Itteringham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Itteringham like this:

ITTERINGHAM, a village and a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk. The village stands on the river Bure, 4 miles NW of Aylsham, and 12 NE of Elmham r. station; and has a post office under Norwich. The parish comprises 1, 442 acres. Real property, £2, 179. Pop.364. Houses, 74. The property belongs chiefly to the Earl of Orford and the Marquis of Lothian. ...


The living is a rectory united with the rectory of Mannington, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £272.* Patron, the Earl of Orford. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and is good. The ruins of a small chapel are near the church. There is a charity of two acres of land.

Itteringham through time

Itteringham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Itteringham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Itteringham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4731

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Itteringham ".