Place:


Wolterton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wolterton like this:

WOLTERTON, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; 8 miles W by N of North Walsham r. station. Post town, Aylsham, under Norwich. Acres, 722. Real property, £1,372. Pop., 48. Houses, 13. W. Hall was built in 1741, for Horace Walpole; and belongs now to the Earl of Orford. The living is a rectory, united with Wickmere, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £564.* Patron, the Earl of Orford.

Wolterton through time

Wolterton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wolterton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wolterton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4691

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wolterton ".