Place:


Calthorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Calthorpe like this:

CALTHORPE, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; on an affluent of the river Bure, 2¾ miles W of the line of the projected railway to Cromer, 3¼ N of Aylsham, and 15 ENE of Elmham r. station. Post Town, Aylsham, under Norwich. Acres, 1,048. Real property, £2,328. Pop., 187. Houses, 44. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £143.* Patron, Sir W. Foster, Bart. The church is good; and there are charities £43.

Calthorpe through time

Calthorpe is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Calthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Calthorpe in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5689

Date accessed: 04th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Calthorpe ".