Place:


Ilketshall St Margaret  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ilketshall St Margaret like this:

ILKETSHALL-ST. MARGARET, a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk; 3 miles S by E of Bungay r. station. It has a postal letter box under Bungay. Acres, 2, 085. Real property, £3, 311. Pop., 326. Houses, 65. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir R. Shafto Adair, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £121.* Patron, the Duke of Norfolk. The church is ancient, has a round Norman tower, and was recently restored. There are a national school, and charities £38.

Ilketshall St Margaret through time

Ilketshall St Margaret is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ilketshall St Margaret itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ilketshall St Margaret, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7314

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ilketshall St Margaret ".