Place:


South Elmham St Michael  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Elmham St Michael like this:

ELMHAM (South)-St. Michael, a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk; 4¾ miles ESE of Homersfield r. station, and 5½ NNW of Hailesworth. Post town, Rumburgh, under Halesworth. Acres, 930. Real property, £1, 282. Pop., 156. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the p. curacy of Rumburgh, in the diocese of Norwich, The church is tolerable.

South Elmham St Michael through time

South Elmham St Michael is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Elmham St Michael itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Elmham St Michael, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7148

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Elmham St Michael ".