Place:


South Elmham St Peter  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Elmham St Peter like this:

ELMHAM (South)-St. Peter, a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk, 3½ miles S by W of Bungay town and r. station. Post town, South Elmham-St. Margaret, under Harlestone. Acres, 900. Real property, £904. Pop., 88. Houses, 20. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of South Elmham-St. Margaret, in the diocese of Norwich. The church has a Norman door and sedilia.

South Elmham St Peter through time

South Elmham St Peter is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Elmham St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Elmham St Peter, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7149

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Elmham St Peter ".