Place:


North Weald Bassett  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Weald Bassett like this:

WEALD-BASSETT (North), a parish, with a village, two hamlets, and a r. station, in Epping district, Essex; on the London and Ongar railway, 3 miles NE of Epping. Post town, Epping. Acres, 3,377. Real property, £3,563. Pop., 842. Houses, 185. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £445.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of Rochester and R. P. Ward, Esq. The church is good; and there are an endowed school with £10 a year, and charities 13.

North Weald Bassett through time

North Weald Bassett is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Weald Bassett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Weald Bassett, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6964

Date accessed: 23rd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Weald Bassett ".