Place:


Willingale Doe  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willingale Doe like this:

WILLINGALE-DOE, a village and a parish in Ongar district, Essex. The village stands 4½ miles N E by N of Ongar r. station; dates from at least the time of Edward the Confessor; and has a post-office, of the name of Willingale, under Ongar. The parish includes Tyrrells-Hall hamlet, and comprises 1,739 acres. ...


Real property, £2,031. Pop., 438. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with Shellow-Bowels, in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £450. Patron, T. W. Bramston, Esq. The church's tower was rebuilt in 1853. Charities, £5.

Willingale Doe through time

Willingale Doe is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Willingale Doe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willingale Doe, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6979

Date accessed: 18th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Willingale Doe ".