Place:


Shellow Bowells  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shellow Bowells like this:

SHELLOW-BOWELLS, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; 5 miles NE of Ongar r. station. Post town, Ongar, under Brentwood. Acres, 457. Real property, £649. Pop., 110. Houses, 23. The manor belongs to W. T. Bramston, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Willingale-Doe, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is a brick building.

Shellow Bowells through time

Shellow Bowells is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shellow Bowells itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shellow Bowells, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6898

Date accessed: 19th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shellow Bowells ".