Place:


Stanford Rivers  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanford Rivers like this:

STANFORD-RIVERS, a parish, with a village, in Ongar district, Essex; 1¾ mile SW by S of Ongar r. station. It has a post-office under Romford, and contains Ongar workhouse. Acres, 4,386. Real property, £6,990. Pop., 992. Houses, 172. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £1,007.* Patron, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel and a national school.

Stanford Rivers through time

Stanford Rivers is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanford Rivers itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanford Rivers, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6910

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanford Rivers ".