Place:


Wishaw  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wishaw like this:

WISHAW, a parish, with Moxhall hamlet, in Aston district, Warwick; 2½ miles N of Water-Orton r. station, and 8½ NE of Birmingham. Post town, Erdington, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,196. Real property, £2,880. Pop., 216. Houses, 43. The manor, with Moxhall Hall, belongs to B. P. Noel, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £410.* Patrons, J. ffolliott, Esq., and the Representatives of the Jesson family. The church is ancient.

Wishaw through time

Wishaw is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wishaw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wishaw in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9452

Date accessed: 22nd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wishaw ".