Place:


Idlictoe  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Idlictoe like this:

IDLICOTE, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; 2½ miles NNE of Shipston-on-Stour, and 8½ E NE of Chipping-Campden railway station. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 1, 408. Real property, £1, 784. Pop., 115. Houses, 26. The manor belonged to the monks of Kenilworth; passed through varions hands; and belongs now to Captain Peach. ...


Idlicote House, the manorial mansion, is a handsome edifice in the Tudor style, and commands extensive views. The parish is a meet for the Warwick hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230.* Patron, Captain Peach. The church is old, and consists of nave, aisle. and chancel, with a tower. Charities, £8.

Idlictoe through time

Idlictoe is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Idlictoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Idlictoe, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9141

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Idlictoe ".