Place:


Curdworth  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Curdworth like this:

CURDWORTH, a village and a parish in Aston district, Warwick. The village stands near the river Tame, the Fazeley canal, and Water-Orton r. station, 2¾ miles NNW of Coleshill; and has a post office under Birmingham. Pop., 330. Houses, 65. The parish includes also the hamlet of Minworth. ...


Acres, 3, 170. Real property, £6, 296. Pop., 649. Houses, 136. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of worcester. Value, £320.* Patron, twice B. Noel, Esq., and once alternately the Right Hon.B. Adderley and the Rev. W. Wakefield. The church is early English and good. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans.

Curdworth through time

Curdworth is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Curdworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Curdworth in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8965

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Curdworth ".