Place:


Binley  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Binley like this:

BINLEY, a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick; on the river Sow, adjacent to the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles E of Coventry. It includes the liberty of Earnsford; and its Post Town is Coventry. Acres, 2,470. Real property, £2,356. Pop., 196. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Earl Craven; and Binley Hall is the seat of the Lloyds. ...


The living is a donative in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £52. Patron, Earl Craven. The church was built by the sixth Lord Craven, and is a Grecian structure, with a medallioned roof. Charities, £6. Wagstaffe, the non-juring bishop, was a native.

Binley through time

Binley is now part of Coventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Coventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Binley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Binley, in Coventry and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8581

Date accessed: 21st April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Binley".