Place:


Bulkington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bulkington like this:

BULKINGTON, a village and a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick. The village stands near the Coventry canal and the Trent Valley railway, 4 miles SE by S of Nuneaton; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Rugby. The parish includes also the hamlets of Marston-Jabbett, Ryton, Weston-in-Arden, Wolvershill, and parts of Barnacle and Bramcott. ...


Acres, 4,510. Real property, £9,358. Pop., 1,858. Houses, 450. The property is much subdivided. Many of the inhabitants are ribbon-weavers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £253.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are three dissenting chapels, fine Church schools built in 1862, and charities £68.

Bulkington through time

Bulkington is now part of Nuneaton and Bedworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nuneaton and Bedworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bulkington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bulkington, in Nuneaton and Bedworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/854

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bulkington ".