Place:


Little Rissington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Rissington like this:

RISSINGTON (Little), a parish, with a village, in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; 2 miles S E of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. Post-town, Burford, under Faringdon. Acres, 1, 300. Real property, £2, 244. Pop., 290. Houses, 60. The manor, with a recent Tudor mansion, belongs to J. Bennett, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £430.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church isvariously Norman, early English, decorated, and perpendicular; and was restored in 1850 and 1865. There is an endowed national school.

Little Rissington through time

Little Rissington is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Rissington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Rissington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11135

Date accessed: 18th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Rissington ".