Place:


Westcote  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westcote like this:

WESTCOTE, a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester: 3 miles SSE of Stow-on-the-Wold r. station. Post town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 1,503. Real property, £2,219. Pop., 245. Houses, 53. The manor belongs to the Rev. T. P. Pantin. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £209.* Patron, the Rev. T. P. Pantin. The church is chiefly Norman.

Westcote through time

Westcote is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westcote, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11454

Date accessed: 18th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westcote ".