Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for FORD

FORD, a parish in Worthing district, Sussex; on the river Arun, and on the South Coast railway, adjacent to the junction of the branch railways to Littlehampton and Pulborough, 2½ miles SSW of Arundel. It has two stations on the railway, Ford and Ford Junction, with telegraph; and its post town is Yapton, under Arundel. Acres, 478. Real property, £1, 117. Pop., 82. Houses, 13. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £236. -Patron, the Bishop of Chichester.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Ford CP/AP       East Preston Inc/PLU/RegD       Sussex AncC
Place: Ford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.