Place:


Ford  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ford like this:

FORD, a parish in Worthing district, Sussex; on the river Arun, and on the South Coast railway, adjacent to the junction of the branch railways to Littlehampton and Pulborough, 2½ miles SSW of Arundel. It has two stations on the railway, Ford and Ford Junction, with telegraph; and its post town is Yapton, under Arundel. Acres, 478. Real property, £1, 117. Pop., 82. Houses, 13. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £236. -Patron, the Bishop of Chichester.

Ford through time

Ford is now part of Arun district. Click here for graphs and data of how Arun has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ford, in Arun and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8440

Date accessed: 27th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ford ".