Place:


Stoke Goldington  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Goldington like this:

STOKE-GOLDINGTON, a parish, with a village and a hamlet, in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; 4½ miles NW of Newport-Pagnell r. station. It has a post-office under Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 2,061. Real property, £8,275. Pop., 963. Houses, 203. The living is a rectory, annexed to Gayhurst. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £16. The lawyer Coke was a resident.

Stoke Goldington through time

Stoke Goldington is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoke Goldington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Goldington, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1518

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoke Goldington ".