Place:


Lower Mitton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Mitton like this:

MITTON (LOWER), a chapelry in Kidderminster parish, Worcester; containing the town, r. station, and post office of Stourport. Acres, 861. Real property, £10,135,-of which £313 are in canals. Pop., 2,958. Houses, 630. The manor belongs to J. W. Craven, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. ...


Valne, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Kidderminster. The church is a neat brick structure, has been enlarged, and contains 1,090 sittings. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, two national schools, and a young men's reading institution, with a good library. See STOURPORT.

Lower Mitton through time

Lower Mitton is now part of Wyre Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lower Mitton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Mitton, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9954

Date accessed: 04th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lower Mitton ".