Place:


Huddington  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huddington like this:

HUDDINGTON, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester; on Dean's brook, 3 miles NE of Spetchley r. station, and 4½ SSE of Droitwich. Post town, Droitwich. Acres, 890. Real property, £1, 388; of which £50 are in quarries. Pop., 87. Houses, 18. The manor belongs to the Earl of Shrewsbury. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £156. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury. The church is in the early English style, and has an open belfry.

Huddington through time

Huddington is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Huddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huddington, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9917

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Huddington ".