Place:


Himbleton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Himbleton like this:

HIMBLETON, a village and a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester. The village stands near Dean's brook and near the Gloucester and Birmingham railway, 4 miles SE of Droitwich; and has a post office under Droitwich.—The parish includes also the hamlets of Saleway, Phepson, Dunhampstead, and Shernall-Green. ...


Acres, 2, 040. Real property, £3, 040; of which £50 are in quarries. Pop., 410. Houses, 93. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The parish is a meet for the Worcestershire hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £110.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is early English, and has a wooden tower of 1847.

Himbleton through time

Himbleton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Himbleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Himbleton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9909

Date accessed: 04th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Himbleton ".