Place:


Hadzor  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hadzor like this:

HADSOR, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester; on the Saltway, the Birmingham and Worcester canal, and the Birmingham and Bristol railway, 1 mile SE of Droitwich. Post town, Droitwich. Acres, 940. Real property, £1, 525. Pop., 158. Houses, 29. Hadsor Hall, a handsome mansion, is the seat of the Galtons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £254. Patron, J. H. Galton, Esq. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1835.

Hadzor through time

Hadzor is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hadzor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hadzor, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9889

Date accessed: 31st July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hadzor ".