Place:


Elmley Lovett  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elmley Lovett like this:

ELMLEY-LOVETT, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester; on the Oxford and Wolverhampton railway, 1¼ mile SSE of Hartlebury r. station, and 4½ NNW of Droitwich. Post town, Droitwich. Acres, 2, 381. Real property, £4, 342. Pop., 353. Houses, 74. The property is subdivided. The parish gives the title of Viscount to Earl Beauchamp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £527.* Patron, Christ's College, Cambridge. The church is good. Endowed schools have £81; and other charities £51.

Elmley Lovett through time

Elmley Lovett is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elmley Lovett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elmley Lovett, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9873

Date accessed: 01st August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elmley Lovett ".