Place:


Elmbridge  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elmbridge like this:

ELMBRIDGE, a chapelry in Dodderhill parish, Worcester; near the Oxford and Wolverhampton railway, 3¾ miles SW of Hartlebury Junction r. station, and 3¾ N of Droitwich. Post town, Droitwich. Real property, £3, 078. Pop., 391. Houses, 101. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Dodderhill, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient but good.

Elmbridge through time

Elmbridge is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elmbridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elmbridge, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9871

Date accessed: 31st July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elmbridge ".