Place:


Eastham  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastham like this:

EASTHAM, a parish in Tenbury district, Worcester: on the river Teme, adjacent to the boundary with Salop, and to the Tenbury and Bewdley railway, 4 miles E by N of Tenbury. It includes the chapelries of Orleton and Hanley-Child; and its post town is Rochford, under Tenbury. Acres, 3, 846. Real property, £6, 905. ...


Pop., 645. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Hanley-William and the p. curacies of Orleton and Hanley-Child, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £920.* Patron, the Rev. H. Browne. The church has some Norman features, and is good.

Eastham through time

Eastham is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastham, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9867

Date accessed: 28th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastham ".