Place:


Cotheridge  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cotheridge like this:

COTHERIDGE, a parish in Martley district, Worcestershire; on the river Teme, and on the Worcester and Malvern railway, 4 miles W of Worcester. It includes the hamlets of Hewson and Otherton; and has a post office under Worcester. Acres, 2, 202. Real property, £3, 104. Pop., 233. Houses, 46. ...


Cotheridge Court, the seat of the Rev. W.Berkeley, the lord of the manor, stands amid extensive grounds; and is approached by a straight avenue of lofty trees, ½ a mile long. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. W.Berkeley. The church has an arched partition between nave and chancel; and one of the arches is Norman. Charities, £8.

Cotheridge through time

Cotheridge is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cotheridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cotheridge, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9776

Date accessed: 28th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cotheridge ".