Place:


Broadwas  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broadwas like this:

BROADWAS, a parish in Martley district, Worcestershire; on the river Teme, 1½ mile WNW of BransfordRoad r. station and 6 W of Worcester. It includes the hamlet of Broadgreen; and has a post office under Worcester. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £2,347. Pop., 311. Houses, 63. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £253.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is partly Norman.

Broadwas through time

Broadwas is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broadwas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broadwas, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9736

Date accessed: 31st July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broadwas ".