Place:


Bretforton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bretforton like this:

BRETFORTON, a parish in Evesham district, Worcester; on the West Midland railway, 2 miles WNW of Honeybourne station, and 3½ E of Evesham. Post Town, Evesham. Acres, 1,683. Real property, £3,161. Pop., 565. Houses, 123. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of worcester. Value, £182.* Patron, the Rev. G. Morris. The church is good. There is a national school.

Bretforton through time

Bretforton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bretforton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bretforton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9734

Date accessed: 29th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bretforton ".