Place:


Worthenbury  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Worthenbury like this:

WORTHENBURY, a parish in the district of Wrexham and county of Flint; on the river Dee, 7 miles SE by E of Wrexham r. station. It has a post-office under Wrexham. Acres, 3,279. Real property, £7,578. Pop., 503. Houses, 108. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £400.* Patron, Sir. R. Puleston, Bart. The church was built in 1740. Philip Henry was ejected hence in 1661.

Worthenbury through time

Worthenbury is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Worthenbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Worthenbury, in Wrexham and Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9506

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Worthenbury ".