Place:


Nether Whitacre  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nether Whitacre like this:

WHITACRE (Nether), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; containing Whitacre-Junction r. station, and 3¼ miles ENE of Coleshill. It has a post-office under Birmingham. Acres, 2,210. Real property, £3,938. Pop., 479. Houses, 109. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £333.* Patron, Earl Howe. The church is ancient but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, and some charities.

Nether Whitacre through time

Nether Whitacre is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nether Whitacre itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nether Whitacre in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9428

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nether Whitacre ".