Place:


Shustoke  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shustoke like this:

SHUSTOKE, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Meriden district, Warwick; 2 miles ESE of Whitacre-Junction r. station, and 3 ENE of Coleshill. It has a post-office under Birmingham. Acres, 3,844. Real property, £4,133-Pop., 558. Houses, 119. S. Hall is the seat of E. Tongue, Esq. ...


Blythe Hall was the seat of the antiquary Dugdale, and belongs now to Capt. J. D. W. Digby. The living is a vicarage, with Bentley chapelry, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £258.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The parochial church is early English, and has a tower and spire. Bentley church was built in 1844. There are an endowed school and alms houses with £49 a year, and other charities £5.

Shustoke through time

Shustoke is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shustoke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shustoke in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9352

Date accessed: 26th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shustoke ".