Place:


Rowington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rowington like this:

ROWINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on the Birmingham canal, 1¾ mile S E of Kingswood r. station, and 6 N W of Warwick. It is divided into Church-Side and Lowson-Side; and it includes Lowsonford, Pinley-Green, High-Cross, Holywell, and part of Kingswood hamlets. Post-town, Warwick. ...


Acres, 3, 424. Real property, £7, 142. Pop., 995. Houses, 225. The property is much subdivided. The manor was given, by Queen Elizabeth, to the Earl of Dudley. R. Hall is the seat of Misses Aston. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £231.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is cruciform, plain, and Norman. There are an endowed school, and charities with jointly £232.

Rowington through time

Rowington is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rowington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rowington, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9337

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rowington ".