Place:


Nuthurst  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nuthurst like this:

NUTHURST, a hamlet-chapelry in Hampton-in-Arden parish, Warwick; 2½ miles N of Henley-in-Arden, and 4 S S W of Knowle r. station. Post-town, Henley-in-Arden, under Birmingham. Acres, 750. Pop., 117. Houses, 24. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Hampton-in-Arden, in the diocese of Worcester. The church was rebuilt in 1844.

Nuthurst through time

Nuthurst is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nuthurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nuthurst, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9245

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nuthurst ".