Place:


Milcote  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milcote like this:

MILCOTE, a lordship in Weston-on-Avon parish, Warwick; on the river Avon, and on the Stratford-on-Avon railway, at the boundary with Gloucester, 2¾ miles SW by S of Stratford. It has a station on the railway. Acres, 480. Real property, £1,122. Pop., 57. Houses, 9. Traces exist of an ancient seat of the Grevilles.

Milcote through time

Milcote is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milcote, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9209

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milcote ".