Place:


Long Lawford  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Long Lawford like this:

LAWFORD (LONG), a village and a township-chapelry in Newbold-upon-Avon parish, Warwick. The village stands adjacent to the Northwestern railway, and near the river Avon, 3¼ miles N by W of Rugby; and has a post office under Rugby. The chapelry's acreage is returned with the parish. Real property, £4, 023; of which £58 are in quarries. ...


Pop., 601. Houses, 153. The property is divided chiefly among five. The manor belongs to J. W. Boughton Leigh, Esq. There are limeworks. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Newbold-upon-Avon, in the diocese of Worcester. The church was built in 1839, and is in the pointed style. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Long Lawford through time

Long Lawford is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Long Lawford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Long Lawford, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9171

Date accessed: 29th March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Long Lawford ".