Place:


Tarring Neville  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tarring Neville like this:

TARRING-NEVILE, or East T., a parish in Lewes district, Sussex; on the South Coast railway, 1¾ mile N of Newhaven. Post town, Newhaven, under Lewes. Acres, 938. Real property, £980. Pop., 84. Houses, 18. The property belongs to the Rev. F. Gray. The living is a rectory, annexed to South Heighton.

Tarring Neville through time

Tarring Neville is now part of Lewes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lewes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tarring Neville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tarring Neville, in Lewes and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9033

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tarring Neville ".