Place:


Coundon  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coundon like this:

COUNDON, or Counden, a hamlet in Holy Trinity parish, Warwick; adjacent to the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 2 miles N of Coventry. It has a station on the railway, of the name of Coundon-Road, 1¼ mile from Coventry. Acres, 1, 046. Real property, £3, 019. Pop., 225. Houses, 52.

Coundon through time

Coundon is now part of Coventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Coventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coundon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coundon, in Coventry and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8911

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coundon ".