Place:


Budle  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Budle like this:

BUDLE, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; on the S side of Warren bay, near the Northeastern railway, 3½ miles E by N of Belford. Acres, 724 Pop., 106. Houses, 18. It has granaries, flourmills, and a pier. Cockles are plentiful near it; and rocks of different kinds alternate rapidly on its coast. A Roman road went from it to Alnwick. Budle House belonged to the Forsters, and passed to the Smiths.

Budle through time

Budle is now part of Berwick upon Tweed district. Click here for graphs and data of how Berwick upon Tweed has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Budle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Budle, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8858

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Budle ".