Place:


Stackpole Elidir  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stackpole Elidir like this:

STACKPOLE-ELIDOR, a parish in the district and county of Pembroke; on the coast, 4 miles S by E of Pembroke r. station. Post town, Pembroke. Acres, 2,845. Real property, £2,480. Pop., 273. Houses, 46. The manor, with S. Court, belongs to Earl Cawdor. S. Court was rebuilt by Campbell of Cawdor; and occupies the site of an old castle, which stood a siege in the time of Cromwell. The living is a rectory, united with St. Petrox, in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £350.* Patron, Earl Cawdor. The church is good.

Stackpole Elidir through time

Stackpole Elidir is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stackpole Elidir itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stackpole Elidir in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8825

Date accessed: 24th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stackpole Elidir".