Place:


Lurgashall  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lurgashall like this:

LURGASHALL, a village and a parish in Midhurst district, Sussex. The village stands 5 miles NW of Petworth, and 5 SE of Haslemere r. station; and has a post office under Petworth. The parish includes a detached portion, called Bittlesham Cottage; and contains places called Rundhurst, Dial-Green, Hill-Grove, Old Mill, Boxland, Diddesfield, and Ramsfold. Acres, 4,850. Real property, £3,493. Pop., 727. Houses, 119. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £463. * Patron, Lord Leconfield. There is a national school.

Lurgashall through time

Lurgashall is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lurgashall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lurgashall, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8814

Date accessed: 22nd October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lurgashall ".