Place:


St Nicholas  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Nicholas like this:

NICHOLAS (St.), a parish, with a village, in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; near the coast, 4½ miles W by S of Fishguard, and 12½ N W by W of Clarbeston-Road r. station. Post-town, Fishguard, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 2, 141. Real property, £1, 624. Pop.in 1851, 3 55; in 1861, 284. Houses, 66. There are remains of a cromlech. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Granston, in the diocese of St. David's. There is an Independent chapel.

St Nicholas through time

St Nicholas is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Nicholas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Nicholas in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8802

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Nicholas ".