Place:


St Florence  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Florence like this:

FLORENCE (St.), a parish in the district and county of Pembroke; on the river Tenby, near the Manorbier station of the Pembroke and Tenby railway, 5½ miles E of Pembroke. It has a post office under Tenby. Acres, 2, 490. Real property, £3, 198. Pop., 450. Houses, 78. The property is much divided. ...


The living is two-fold, a vicarage and a sinecure rectory, in the diocese of St. David's. Value of the vicarage, £94; * of the s. rectory, £177. Patron of the vicarage, the S. Rector; of the s. rectory, St. John's College, Cambridge. The church is later English, cruciform, and good; and has, at the extremity of the S transept, a lofty tower.

St Florence through time

St Florence is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Florence itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Florence in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8783

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Florence".