Place:


West Itchenor  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Itchenor like this:

ITCHENOR (WEST), a parish in Westhampton district, Sussex; on Chichester harbour, 4 miles SW of Chichester r. station. Post town, Chichester. Acres, 782; of which 235 are water. Real property, £1, 105. Pop., 167. Houses, 38. The property belongs chiefly to Lord George Lennox and W. M. Bridger, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £170. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English, and has a wooden belfry.

West Itchenor through time

West Itchenor is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Itchenor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Itchenor, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8716

Date accessed: 11th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Itchenor ".