Place:


Weekley  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weekley like this:

WEEKLEY, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; 2½ miles NE of Kettering r. station. Post town, Kettering. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £2,196. Pop., 268. Houses, 52. The manor, with Boughton House, belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £126.* Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is early English. There are an endowed school with £20 a year, and an alms house-hospital with £120.

Weekley through time

Weekley is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weekley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weekley, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8278

Date accessed: 04th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weekley ".