Place:


Warmington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warmington like this:

WARMINGTON, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; on the river Nen, 2¾ miles NE of Oundle r. station. It has a post-office under Oundle. Acres, 3,150. Real property, £5,781. Pop., 724. Houses, 162. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £107. Patron, the Earl of Westmoreland. The church is early English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £11 a year, and charities £5.

Warmington through time

Warmington is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warmington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warmington in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8272

Date accessed: 26th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warmington ".