Place:


Upton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upton like this:

UPTON, a parish in the district and county of Northampton; 1¾ mile W of Northampton r. station. Post town, Northampton. Acres, 979. Real property, £2,200. Pop., 36. Houses, 7. The manor, with U. Hall, belongs to W. Wright, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Northampton-St. Peter. The church is old.

Upton through time

Upton is now part of Northampton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Northampton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upton, in Northampton and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8255

Date accessed: 23rd April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Upton".