Place:


Twywell  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Twywell like this:

TWYWELL, a parish, with a r. station, in Thrapston district, Northampton; on the Kettering and Huntingdon railway, 2¾ miles W of Thrapston. Post town, Thrapston. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £1,637. Pop., 336. Houses, 70. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £320.* Patrons, the Alington Family. The church was reported in 1859 as very bad.

Twywell through time

Twywell is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Twywell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Twywell in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8249

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Twywell ".